Access and pull real-time UPS Shipping Rates in Jigoshop, using the offiicial UPS API to provide accurate and up-to-date charges from a company delivering in more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Not only do you benefit from the accuracy – your customers are likely to be very familiar with the gold and brown UPS logo, giving them an extra reason to trust your prodict delivery. So even the smallest shop can offer the latest rates from a company which delivers around 15.6 million packages and documents every day!
Installation is handled just like any other WordPress Plugin.
1. In your WordPress admin section, go to the Plugins tab.
2. Click Add New, and upload the zip file.
3. Once the file is uploaded, activate the newly created Jigoshop UPS Shipping Method plugin.
Thats it for installation, now you just need to setup the plugin from your Jigoshop Settings page.
Once the plugin has been installed, go to the Jigoshop Settings page to configure the UPS shipping method. The UPS method is available in the Shipping tab on the Jigoshop Settings page. Once configured, the UPS shipping extension will only work for those products that have weights assigned to them. To setup the plugin you need to enter the following information on the setup page:
- UPS Username – This is your login name for http://www.ups.com. If you don’t have an account on ups.com, you’ll need to register for one. Registration is free.
- UPS Password – This is your password for http://www.ups.com. If you don’t have an account on ups.com, you’ll need to register for one. Registration is free.
- UPS API Key – This is your API key. You will need to acquire one of these from ups. This is free and can be obtained through the ups website.
- UPS Shipper Number – This is your UPS account number and not the same as your username. A shipper number is free and is linked to your API key. This can be obtained through the ups website as well.
- Source Postal Code – This is your postal code, or the poastal code where your shipments will be originating if they are different
- UPS Method – Check the boxes of the available UPS shipping methods that you’d like to offer on your website. The list of available methods is based on the UPS services in your Base Country/Region.
- Handling Fee – If you’d like to charge an additional handling fee to your UPS shipments, add that value here. If not, leave the field blank.
After you’ve filled in those fields and enabled the shipping method, your website should be ready to receive real-time UPS rates. If you’re not receiving rates, please check to make sure that your UPS API key, username, password and account are entered correctly and active. If you need help determining whether your account details are good and/or active, you can
contact UPS or a UPS Account Representative.